Evaluate the Series
Chris Freeman Centenary Lecture Series
PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF THE THEORY
About the Series
Chris Freeman Centenary Lecture Series
INNOVATION SYSTEMS - 101
Date: 07 - January to 01 - April 2021 | Time: 2.00 p.m. GMT
09.00 a.m. NEW YORK | 11.00 a.m. BRAZIL | 02.00 p.m. LONDON | 03.00 p.m. NETHERLANDS | 04.00 p.m. SOUTH AFRICA | 05.00 p.m. MOSCOW | 06.00 p.m. DUBAI | 07.30 p.m. INDIA
Christopher Freeman is the founder of modern Innovation Studies.
His influence on the discipline (and also the scholars involved), has been phenomenal. This online lecture series is a tribute to Freeman, in his birth centenary year.
The target audience is budding researchers, grad-students and inter-disciplinarians who aspire to use the analytical frame of Innovation Systems (IS) in their research, but lack a thorough grounding in the theory. The lecture series is designed to serve as a 'text book', giving them an opportunity to listen to and network with scholars already working in the domain.
We hope this would embolden grad-students, especially from Global South, where adequate training facility in 'IS' is still scanty. The online lecture series starts on 7-January and ends on 1-April, 2021.
There are 12 lectures & 2 panels in the series, as follows
LECTURE-1: INAUGURAL LECTURE: Innovation System Research and Economic Development ' -07.01.2021
LECTURE-2: The economics of technological change -13.01.2021
LECTURE-3: Origins of Innovation Systems -21.01.2021
LECTURE-4: Theoretical foundations of National Systems of Innovation -28.01.2021
PANEL DISCUSSION-1 (01.04.2021) Foundations, Evolution, Development and Global South: PART-I
PANEL DISCUSSION-2 (07.04.2021) Foundations, Evolution, Development and Global South: PART-2
Senior Innovation-scholars chair and discuss.
Details furnished below
Scroll down to Register NOW* !
Open to all - No Registration Fee
Registration Benefits: membership to our network | program-updates | invitation to future events | contact with speakers
*Please register separately for each lecture, if you wish to get reminders and other updates on a regular basis
Disclaimer: The entire lecture including Q&A session shall be recorded for academic purpose. By using the zoom link the speakers and participants are expected to have given consent for recording and live-streaming the lecture as well as discussions. In case of any difference of opinion in this regard please contact the undersigned at email@example.com
'Innovation Systems -101' Lecture Series
- Wed, 07 AprZOOM07 Apr, 2:00 pm – 5:30 pm UTCZOOMInnovation Systems: Foundations, Evolution, Development and Global South : PART-II Richard Nelson | Xiaolan Fu | Charles Edquist | Susan Cozzens | Giovanni Dosi | Michiko Iizuka | Francisco Louça | Franco Malerba | Judith Francis | Laurens Klerkx | Smita Srinivas | Edward Lorenz
- Thu, 01 AprZOOM online01 Apr, 2:00 pm – 5:30 pm UTCZOOM onlineInnovation Systems: Foundations, Evolution, Development and Global South: PART-I Alan Freeman |Ann Kingiri |Bitrina Diyamet | Carlota Perez | Helena Lastres | Joseph K.J | Judith Sutz | Keun Lee | Lena Trojer | Mammo Muchie |Marina Szapiro | Rasigan Maharajh (Moderator)
- Wed, 24 MarZOOM online
- Wed, 17 MarZOOM online17 Mar, 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm GMTZOOM onlineLECTURE-11 QUANTITATIVE AND QUALITATIVE RESEARCH APPROACHES IN NSI. by Dr. Abiodun Egbetokun, National Centre for Technology Management, Nigeria & Dr. Oluwayemisi Oyekunle, Tshwane University of Technology, South Africa. CHAIR: Professor G. Yoguel, Ntl. University of General Sarmiento, Argentina
- Wed, 03 MarZOOM online03 Mar, 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm GMTZOOM onlineLECTURE-9: NATIONAL SYSTEMS OF INNOVATION AS AN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT TOOL. by Dr. Kehinde Medase, College of Business & Economics, University of Johannesburg, SA. & Elvis K Avenyo, Oxford TMCD, University of Oxford CHAIR: Professor Godinho, Manuel Fernando Cilia De Mira, ISEG University of Lisbon
- Fri, 26 FebZOOM online
- Fri, 12 FebZoom online12 Feb, 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm GMTZoom onlineLECTURE 6: THE INSTITUTIONAL ASPECT OF NSI by Dr. Olga Mikheeva, UCL Institute for Innovation and Public Purpose, UK & Dr. Manuel Gonzalo, Universidad Nacional de General Sarmiento, Brazil. CHAIR: Professor Joseph K.J., Gulati Institute of Finance and Taxation (GIFT), India
- Fri, 05 FebZOOM online05 Feb, 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm GMTZOOM onlineLECTURE-5: THE EVOLUTIONARY CORE OF NATIONAL SYSTEMS OF INNOVATION by Dr. Lilian (Kidula) Lihasi, Consultant, The Lead Consortium, Kenya CHAIR: Professor Rasigan Maharajh, IERI, Tshwane University of Technology, South Africa. Dr. Rebecca Hanlin, Innovation and Development Specialist, AfricaLics
- Thu, 28 JanZOOM online28 Jan, 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm GMTZOOM onlineLECTURE-4: THEORETICAL FOUNDATIONS OF NATIONAL SYSTEMS OF INNOVATION by Dr. Lourenço Galvão Diniz Faria, Copenhagen University, Denmark. & Dr. Nimita Pandey, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. CHAIR: Professor Edward Lorenz, Aalborg University, Denmark & University of Johannesburg, SA.
- Thu, 21 JanZOOM online
- Wed, 13 JanOnline13 Jan, 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm GMTOnlineLECTURE-2: The Economics of Technological Change by Dr. João Marcos Hausmann Tavares, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil & Dr. Verónica Robert, CONICET - UNSAM, Argentina. CHAIR: Professor Giovanni Dosi, Institute of Economics Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, Pisa. Moderator: Dr. Nanditha M.
- Thu, 07 JanOnline