Chris Freeman Centenary Lecture Series
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF THE THEORY
Christopher Freeman is the founder of modern Innovation Studies. His influence on the field has been phenomenal. This online lecture series organized by CRIS-IS.ORG is a tribute to Freeman, in his birth centenary year. The first season of the series titled ‘Innovation Systems-101’ dealt with the theoretical aspects of Innovation Systems (IS). The series was noted for its content and participation. In response to the popular demand for a series on practical application of IS, we announce Innovation Systems-102.
Target audience of Innovation Systems-102 is budding researchers, grad-students and inter-disciplinarians who aspire to use the analytical frame of Innovation Systems (IS) in their research, but face difficulty in the practical application of the theory. IS-102 is designed to give them an opportunity to listen to and network with scholars already working in the domain. We hope this will embolden grad-students, especially from Global South, where the training facility in 'IS' is still scanty.
The IS-102 series will start on 8th October 2021, and feature lectures once in two weeks.
Each session will consist of a presentation followed by comments, giving an opportunity to presenters to have their work and ideas discussed by senior innovation scholars. Simultaneously, IS-102 offers the opportunity to those attending to learn from real-life experience, how theory can be applied in research. Other benefits include a certificate and enhanced visibility in the academic network.
More details & submission procedure
About the Series
Chris Freeman Centenary Lecture Series
Christopher Freeman is the founder of modern Innovation Studies.
His influence on the field has been phenomenal. This online lecture series is a tribute to Freeman, in his birth centenary year.
The target audience is budding researchers, grad-students and inter-disciplinarians who aspire to use the analytical frame of Innovation Systems (IS) in their research, but lack a thorough grounding in the theory. The Chris Freeman Centenary Lecture series is designed to serve as a 'text book', giving them an opportunity to listen to and network with scholars already working in the domain.
We hope this would embolden grad-students, especially from Global South, where adequate training facility in 'IS' is still scanty. The online lecture series started on 7-January and would last throughout the year.
The first series titled Innovation Systems-101 was streamed live-online between 07.01.2021 and 07.04.2021 and was a glaring success. The second season titled Innovation Systems-102 - Practical Application of the Theory will be launched during October, 2021.
INNOVATION SYSTEMS-101: The first seson of Chris Freeman Centenary Lecture Series was live streamed online from 1st January to 7th April, 2021. The series featured the following lectures.
LECTURE-1: INAUGURAL LECTURE: Innovation System Research and Economic Development ' -07.01.2021 | LECTURE-2: The economics of technological change -13.01.2021 | LECTURE-3: Origins of Innovation Systems -21.01.2021 | LECTURE-4: Theoretical foundations of National Systems of Innovation -28.01.2021 | LECTURE-5: Evolutionary core of NSI -05.02.2021 | LECTURE-6: The institutional aspect of NSI -12.02.2021 | LECTURE-7: Different approaches to NSI - 19.02.2021 | LECTURE-8: Application of NSI -26.02.2021 | LECTURE-9: NSI as economic development tool -03.03.2021 | LECTURE-10: Critique on NSI, Dilemmas and New Challenges -10.03.2021 | LECTURE-11: Quantitative and Qualitative Research Approaches in NSI. -17.03.2021 | LECTURE-12: Developmental universities in inclusive innovation systems - 24.03.2021 | PANEL DISCUSSION-1 (01.04.2021) Foundations, Evolution, Development and Global South: PART-I | PANEL DISCUSSION-2 (07.04.2021) Foundations, Evolution, Development and Global South: PART-2
'Innovation Systems -101' Lecture Series
- RSVP ClosedWed, 07 AprZOOM07 Apr, 2:00 pm – 5:30 pm UTCZOOMInnovation Systems: Foundations, Evolution, Development and Global South : PART-II Richard Nelson | Xiaolan Fu | Charles Edquist | Susan Cozzens | Giovanni Dosi | Michiko Iizuka | Francisco Louça | Franco Malerba | Judith Francis | Laurens Klerkx | Smita Srinivas | Edward Lorenz
- RSVP ClosedThu, 01 AprZOOM online01 Apr, 2:00 pm – 5:30 pm UTCZOOM onlineInnovation Systems: Foundations, Evolution, Development and Global South: PART-I Alan Freeman |Ann Kingiri |Bitrina Diyamet | Carlota Perez | Helena Lastres | Joseph K.J | Judith Sutz | Keun Lee | Lena Trojer | Mammo Muchie |Marina Szapiro | Rasigan Maharajh (Moderator)
- RSVP ClosedWed, 24 MarZOOM online
- RSVP ClosedWed, 17 MarZOOM online17 Mar, 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm GMTZOOM onlineLECTURE-11 QUANTITATIVE AND QUALITATIVE RESEARCH APPROACHES IN NSI. by Dr. Abiodun Egbetokun, National Centre for Technology Management, Nigeria & Dr. Oluwayemisi Oyekunle, Tshwane University of Technology, South Africa. CHAIR: Professor G. Yoguel, Ntl. University of General Sarmiento, Argentina
- RSVP ClosedWed, 03 MarZOOM online03 Mar, 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm GMTZOOM onlineLECTURE-9: NATIONAL SYSTEMS OF INNOVATION AS AN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT TOOL. by Dr. Kehinde Medase, College of Business & Economics, University of Johannesburg, SA. & Elvis K Avenyo, Oxford TMCD, University of Oxford CHAIR: Professor Godinho, Manuel Fernando Cilia De Mira, ISEG University of Lisbon
- RSVP ClosedFri, 26 FebZOOM online
- RSVP ClosedFri, 12 FebZoom online12 Feb, 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm GMTZoom onlineLECTURE 6: THE INSTITUTIONAL ASPECT OF NSI by Dr. Olga Mikheeva, UCL Institute for Innovation and Public Purpose, UK & Dr. Manuel Gonzalo, Universidad Nacional de General Sarmiento, Brazil. CHAIR: Professor Joseph K.J., Gulati Institute of Finance and Taxation (GIFT), India
- RSVP ClosedFri, 05 FebZOOM online05 Feb, 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm GMTZOOM onlineLECTURE-5: THE EVOLUTIONARY CORE OF NATIONAL SYSTEMS OF INNOVATION by Dr. Lilian (Kidula) Lihasi, Consultant, The Lead Consortium, Kenya CHAIR: Professor Rasigan Maharajh, IERI, Tshwane University of Technology, South Africa. Dr. Rebecca Hanlin, Innovation and Development Specialist, AfricaLics
- RSVP ClosedThu, 28 JanZOOM online28 Jan, 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm GMTZOOM onlineLECTURE-4: THEORETICAL FOUNDATIONS OF NATIONAL SYSTEMS OF INNOVATION by Dr. Lourenço Galvão Diniz Faria, Copenhagen University, Denmark. & Dr. Nimita Pandey, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. CHAIR: Professor Edward Lorenz, Aalborg University, Denmark & University of Johannesburg, SA.
- RSVP ClosedThu, 21 JanZOOM online